Southern Comfort

I am a young single southern man who loves life and especially life in the south. Hope you enjoy my random posts about life as I know it.

Name:
Location: Mississippi

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Mardi Gras vs Memorial Day

What a long week! I, unlike the rest of America did not have off for Memorial Day (un-American). The reason that we did not get off for Memorial Day is that we get off for Mardi Gras. Well, that is a bunch of crap! Mardi Gras is a very important holiday down here, and since my company is based out of New Orleans it is a perfectly normal that we would get off for Mardi Gras because it is a regional holiday, but not at the expense of Memorial Day. I mean make us work Labor Day instead! Memorial Day is one of the few days of the year that we get to honor those who have made the ultimate sacrifice!! To me this holiday should rank up there with Christmas, Easter, 4th of July! Mardi Gras is NOT more important than Memorial Day! Sorry about ranting, but I think that it is just a pile of crap that a holiday where a bunch of coonass's use Catholicism as an excuse to get wasted, is more important than a day of remembrance for those who laid down their life so that we can celebrate holidays like Mardi Gras. I hope a pissed off veteran punches out the people in my company that made this decision.
PS: If any one would like to disagree with me PLEASE do so...I dare you!, and I do not mean this in anyway prejudice against Catholics.