Southern Comfort

I am a young single southern man who loves life and especially life in the south. Hope you enjoy my random posts about life as I know it.

Name:
Location: Mississippi

Friday, May 19, 2006

Free Cruise!

I just received a call from a travel agency stating that I won a free cruise for two to the Bahamas. What the hell?? I never win anything. The last time that I got conned into thinking I won anything cost me $62.71 a month for 15 months. I got a call stating that I won a free $1000.00 shopping spree. I was pumped to say the least. They also said that all I had to do in order to receive it was to sign up to get 4 magazines for a period of two years, but that I was not obligated to keep getting them. Well that tells me that I should be able to get the $1000 shopping spree, get the magazines for a couple of months, and then cancel them. Boy was I wrong. I signed up got my $1000 shopping spree, paid a "one time" sign up fee of $62.71, and was proud that I had just received a $1000 shopping spree for the cost of only $62.71. Well I started noticing that I was getting hit with $62.71 taken out of my bank account every month, so I called and after being on hold for about 30 minutes I finally got in touch with someone. That is when I found out that I had unknowingly signed away $62.71 a month away for 15 months. Oh yeah that cancel at any time deal? Yeah, that means that I can cancel at any time after paying $62.71 per month for 15 months. Well needless to say I was a little pissed when I realized that $62.71 x 15 equals a whopping $940.65. Well I was still a little pissed, but hey I get $1000 shopping spree, and some cool magazines for several months for $940.65, not that bad of a deal. Until I realized that my shopping spree expired 10 days after I received it in the mail. That is when I became officially pissed. So anyway, I get this call about a free cruise, and all I have to pay is port taxes and hotel taxes and God knows what else. So will I do it? Probably. Will I regret it? Probably. But what can I say when someone calls and says you're winner? It gets me every time.

2 Comments:

Blogger Zach Green said...

You're crazy, for all you know the "cruise" is a inflatable raft to go in a swimming pool. just kidding.
I can't beleive you did that :) but hey, sometimes its convencing
Here you can always tell if its ture or not,
a) its recorded
b) nothing talks for about 10 sec.
That might help you.
:D

5/19/2006 4:32 PM  
Blogger Zach Green said...

Thanks. It would be pretty nice to make it collage and not have to pay.

5/22/2006 12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home